Welcome to 808Hz Mastering
808Hz Mastering is an online audio mastering studio located between Bristol and Exeter, in rural Sherborne. It was created to give your productions the professional sound you need to get noticed. I offer affordable rates so independent producers and labels can take their productions to world-class level, creating professional masters ready for commercial release.
Mastering used to be the preserve of artists with lucrative record deals and was seen as a mysterious and expensive black art. But the rise of label-less recording culture has created a demand for affordable mastering. Increasingly, I am mastering for independent artists and DIY labels as they recognise it’s the single most effective thing they can spend their money on to stand out. Hence, 808Hz Mastering.
See some of my mastering credits and production/composition credits here: About
How does it work?
The entire process is conducted online, and it’s pretty simple — if any of the following sounds daunting or you’re unsure of the terminology, don’t worry, give me a call and we’ll talk it through (all you really need are your tracks):
- make an enquiry on the contact page, telling me about your release, and how many tracks you’d like mastered
- I’ll send you a pdf invoice (you can pay by debit / credit card via PayPal, cheque or bank transfer)
- prepare your files so they are a minimum of 44.1kHz/16 bit (24 bit preferred) with at least 3db of headroom. Take off any limiters or other mastering processing you have on the mix-buss to raise the level — I need a track to be uncrunched so I can do my thing and get the very best results
- send me your files via We Transfer or DropBox; optionally include a professionally released reference track of your chosen genre (high quality mp3 is fine) and any notes about how you’d like the master to sound
- include a document with details of the track-listing and if applicable, your ISRC codes and UPC/EAN (barcode) codes, catologue number etc.
- at this stage, I’m ready to work — for releases with more than four tracks I will send you examples of two mastered tracks before proceeding with the remaining tracks
- once the mastering process is complete, I will send you a link to a DropBox folder containing your beautiful new masters. I will return the files as 44.1kHz/16bit wavs or aiffs, unless a higher rate is requested
- please credit the mastering as follows: Mastered by Matt Saunders at 808Hz Mastering
Click here for my price list or drop me an email if your requirements are more unusual. In addition to online mastering, I can mix your tracks from stems and I also undertake audio restoration work / media transfer work.